COVID-19 Standard Operations Procedure
Updated 18 June 2020
To ensure a safe environment for our guests, we have developed a Standard Operations Procedure. On top of that, we are also following government procedures enforced by the governments in the respective countries.
- We will implement strict hygienic rules by making constant handwashing/cleaning a ‘must do’ practice. Tour Guides must have with them hand sanitizer all the time (for their own use as well as clients).
- Tour guides must wear a mask when it is not interfering in their guiding activities.
- Rustic Travel will make it compulsory for all tour guides to have with them paper tissues to use when they sneeze or cough during guiding.
- Rustic Travel will make sure that healthy practices are always a top priority by constantly reminding/offering hand washing to guests.
- For overnight tours, tour guides must change their uniform.
- To comply with social distancing at all times and avoid big crowds.
- Rustic Travel will perform frequently training for our staff regarding healthy practices.
- In case of guide or guests showing symptoms such as coughing, fevers, runny nose, shortness of breath it is required to see a doctor immediately.
- Compulsory for all vans to be cleaned using antibacterial/disinfection spray pre- and post- tour.
- To ensure that all the accommodations we use are safe for our guests. Rustic Travel will require all accommodations to follow Government COVID-19 Standard Operations Procedures.
- Make sure we are in full compliance with social distancing rules and will do our best to avoid big crowds. However, for destinations where social distancing is a challenge, we will make sure safety measures are well applied. In cases where the guide and/or guests do not feel comfortable, we must abandon the activity immediately.
- Tours and transfers are recommended to our clients to be done on a private basis. Where shared transfers and tours are conducted, we must ensure proper precautions are taken according to Governments COVID-19 Standard Operations Procedures.
- Rustic Travel will only use suppliers that have high health standards and practices in place and follow Governments COVID-19 Standard Operations Procedures.
- We will make it a practice to advise clients to maintain a high standard of hygiene.
View our COVID-19 Country Status Overview