Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia and is a melting pot of many of Malaysia’s different ethnic groups. Despite the many religious places like Hindu and Buddhist temples, churches and mosques that shows the population diversity, you will also find many buildings from the colonial era when the city was under the British crown.
Today, Kuala Lumpur is a modern city that provides many good shopping facilities, excellent public transportation system, and many parks and sightseeing places. Discover the beauty of modernity that is closely intertwined with culture and tradition in Kuala Lumpur with us!
Day 1: Arrival Kuala Lumpur
Day 2: Heritage City Walk
Day 3: Departure Kuala Lumpur
Airport transfers to and from Kuala Lumpur Airport
2 nights accommodation with breakfast
Heritage City Walk & Batu Caves
Upon arrival in Kuala Lumpur, we will pick you up and transfer you to your hotel.
The rest of the day is free for you to explore Kuala Lumpur. Perhaps you would like to visit the famous Petronas Twin Towers or see the bustling China Town at night.
Airport transfer • Accommodation
Heritage plays a big part in shaping today’s bustling KL City and it makes perfect sense to restore and maintain these influential spots.
Gain an insight to some centuries-old colonial structures and get inspired by architectural designs. In the heavy traffic of Kuala Lumpur, the best way to discover the old part of the city is by train and/or on foot.
This tour covers Jamek Mosque, The Colonial Core, Central Market, Sin Sze Si Ya Temple, Sri Maha Mariamman Temple, Little India, as well as Chinatown.
After lunch, you will proceed by train to Batu Caves. The caves are a Hindu Temple and the main attraction is the huge statue of an Hindu God at the entrance.
To enter the caves, there are 272 steps to climb. You will return to the Hotel in the afternoon.
English Speaking Guide • All entrances & All train tickets
Breakfast • Lunch • Afternoon Tea
Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to fly to your next destination.
Please contact us if you want to customize or extend your stay. This package can easily be combined with any of our other destinations. Kuala Lumpur has many direct flights to Borneo like Kuching, Miri, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan and Tawau.
Diversity is one of the reasons why Kuala Lumpur is a favorite destination in Asia. Kuala Lumpur or KL shows its Southeast Asian roots, being a combination of three races – Indians, Chinese and Malays – through its traditional hospitable services and its Western modernity with its infrastructure that's highly developed.
Visiting Kuala Lumpur is an adventure for the senses, from its blend of traditional and contemporary lifestyles to its state-of-the-art facilities and traditional and natural sights to steel-and-glass skyscrapers to its verdant landscapes, historic buildings, inspiring and awesome temples, varied and flavorful cuisine to its ubiquitous shopping districts.
Kuala Lumpur is the national capital of Malaysia. It is the country's most populous city and is currently home to about 1.67 million people and the greater KL area 7.5 million. KL is an alpha city and the seat of government of Malaysia. The Istana Negara, the official residence of the King of Malaysia, is located in Kuala Lumpur. When in KL, decorum is required. Shoes are taken off when visiting religious sites. Currency in KL and Malaysia is the Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) and electricity is supplied at 220v to 240v (UK 3-Pin). Dominant languages spoken are English, Malay, and Mandarin.
There are more than 100 things to see and do in Kuala Lumpur. But since it is impossible to see and do them all at once, let's take a brief look at some of the top ones.
The towering skyscraper, Petronas Twin Towers makes an imposing presence in KL's skyline. It's you are not afraid of height, visit its sky bridge at the 41st floor and see the city's majestic layout.
The National Museum of Malaysia has a wonderful collection of historical artifacts. It is housed in a delightful Minangkabau-styled building and has front murals that are truly impressive.
The KL Lake Gardens (Perdana Botanical Gardens) features a bird park, a butterfly park, a deer park and an area for hibiscus and orchids. Opposite of the garden is the National Monument of Kuala Lumpur.
For a slice of traditional Malay lifestyle, visit the Craft Complex and try your hand at batik painting. You'll also find a food court, craft museum, art workshop and several handicraft shops here. At the Heritage Center that is nearby is a very fine example of a traditional Malay house.
Temples such as the Sze Ya, Thean Hou, Batu Caves, and Sri Maha Mariamman are all worth a visit. The beautiful Cathedral of Saint Mary was built in the English Gothic architectural style.
Shopping in Kuala Lumpur is such a pleasure. Check out the goods at the bargain shops at Petaling Jaya (Chinatown) or browse the shops at the upscale malls in Bangsar, Jalan Ampang or Bukit Bintang. Novelty items are sold at the Central Market (Pasar Seni). For shoes, try the Berjaya Time Square Mall.
Exquisite Little India (Brickfields) gives you an insight on Indian tradition and culture.
We have especially tailor-made our tours to suit the independent travelers who are not inclined to follow big groups – you are free to select the starting date of your tour based on your preference. We are also able to customize your tour packages and accommodate your special requests accordingly.
02. Child Policy:
– The child is 2-11 years old. If another age applies to your booking, we will let you know before confirmation of booking.
– A 1st child with extra bed/mattress/day bed. The 2nd child will share a bed with parents. In other configuration, we will let you know before booking is confirmed.
03. Additional Charges and fees
– Additional High Season Surcharge might apply during special events and festive seasons.
– Many resorts and hotels have compulsive Christmas & New Year’s dinners, which are not included. Often the price and details are only available 1 months before the event.
– Flight tickets are not included. Please advise if you like us to quote and include flight tickets.
– Visas and other fees and taxes related to your air ticket and border clearance.
– Camera fees at attractions.
– Items not mentioned
04. Booking Terms & Conditions
– For certain transfers and modes of transport e.g. boats, flights etc. private transfers will not be available (even if a private transfer is mentioned).
– Maximum occupancy for standard rooms is normally 3 adults or 2 adults & 2 children.
– Prices are based on minimum 2 adults traveling and sharing a room.
– If you are 6 people or more we can quote you a special group price
– Program changes can happen during festive seasons or due to weather conditions
– All room requests e.g. connecting doors, bed configuration etc. is based on request only and cannot be guaranteed
– Prices can change without prior notice
– Subject to availability at the time of booking
This tour can be extended or changed according to your preferences – Valid until 31 March 2019