Mari Mari Cultural Village, Kota Kinabalu
Mari Mari Cultural Village is a living museum on the outskirts of Kota Kinabalu 45 minutes from the city centre. It is a great experience if you are looking to understand and learn about the culture and history of Sabah. The village is suitable for all age groups.
The cultural village features 5 of the main tribes of Sabah including the:
- Kadazan-Dusun: The rice farmers from the interior
- Murut: The feared Head Hunters
- Bajau: The Sea Gypsies
- Lundayeh: Fishermen and Hunters
- Rungus: The people from the north living in Long Houses
Each of the tribes will showcase some of their traditional lifestyles to give visitors live experiences. Some of the activities are:
- Blowpipe, used for hunting
- Start a fire
- Cooking with fire
- A taster of local food, honey and rice wine
- Trampoline Challenge
- Traditional Dance Show
There are 3 daily shows morning, afternoon and evening.
Tour will take around 3 hours including visits to the different tribe houses with activities, meal, and dance show. Excluding transport from the cultural village to your hotel.
Popular Borneo & Malaysia Packages